Fully funded PhD position in Philosophy – VU University Amsterdam
For 1.0 fte
Vacancy number 13184
VU unit: Faculty of Philosophy
The PhD student is expected to:
• write a PhD thesis;
• write at least 2 articles for international peer reviewed scientific journals;
• collaborate in a research group;
• participate in international conferences.
• M.A. Philosophy or Theology and preferably also a Bachelor or Masters degree in one other field, such as biology or psychology;
• good English language skills.
The initial appointment will be for a period of one year. After satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, it can be extended for a total duration of four years. The starting date is March 2013, or as early as possible. Interviews are scheduled for Tuesday July 16, 2013. You can find information about our excellent fringe benefits of employment at www.workingatvu.nl like:
• remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
• a minimum of 29 holidays In case of full-time employment;
• generous contribution (70%) commuting allowance based on public transport;
• discounts on collective insurances (healthcare- and car insurance).
The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and amounts € 2.062,- gross per month in the first year up to € 2.664,- in the fourth year (salary scale 85) based on a full-time employment.
For additional information please contact:
phone +31 20 5986678
Applicants are requested to write a letter in which they describe their abilities and motivation, accompanied by a curriculum vitae with two references, a writing sample (ranging from 3-7.000 words) and a 2.000 word statement about the content of the PhD project. Written applications should be sent before July 4, 2013 to:
VU University Amsterdam
Faculty of Philosophy
Attn.: Mr. A.W. Mulder, managing director
De Boelelaan 1105
1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands